Iphoto

Reaction score
Im fairly inexperienced with macbook but i noticed my iPhoto will not open anymore....I read about clicking option and command at the same time when i click on iPhoto to repair it....well lol did that and nothing happens.......the iPhoto icon is greyed out with a circle and line going through it....after i hit the option and command button it now has a question mark over is in grey.......at first it said that the file is corrupted ( when i noticed it didn't work) now just has the grey ? on it.....there was no option or anything g that came up about repair....so I'm at a total loss what to do......dont know how to do screen shots or anything like that so please i need lay mens terms .......Thanks.....i also noticed when i plug my iPhone up it doesn't automatically connect to iTunes anymore to download the pictures i took, not sure if there is a connection just thought i mention it.......i have to manually open it.......Thanks for any help!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We need more info to try to help you:

The year and model MacBook you have? Which version of OS X are you using?

OP
M
Reaction score
still no help to get it fixed , tried the option and command button to try to rebuild but nothing comes up all that does come up is a option for me to remove it from the dock..........I still need help.....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm sorry no one has responded to your question, but since you tried to rebuild the iPhoto library and that didn't work, about the only thing I can suggest is either to reinstall iPhoto or restore it from a backup.

M

MacInWin

Are you doing all that on the icon in the dock? If so, that's just a alias that points to the real application. Go to Applications folder and try the rebuild on the application there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.