newbie. word issue.

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this.... And I know this has been asked, but I'm hoping someone has some answers or at least a direction to point me.

I run a small business, and need the ability to design small books, or booklets. They are professionally printed, but we deliver them to the printer formatted correctly in a PDF.

The majority is text, so I've been using word. There are some diagrams/images I've created with adobe illustrator, but there are so few I've been using word and printing to a PDF because they have a "book fold" option that for some stupid reason doesn't exist on their mac version.

My husband uses a PC and adobe illustrator was exclusively on his computer, so I've been using his PC for all business related stuff, but that got old, so we bought mac word and adobe illustrator for mac.

Of course mac word doesn't have the book fold option, so I've been researching other options for months now, and I'm running out of time. I'm pretty sure I've downloaded and tried every booklet app out there, and just now I downloaded scribus only to find out book fold doesn't exist.

I've never used indesign, but it's looking like the only option. It takes me forever to learn new (and complicated) programs, so I'm not really happy about that. Plus it's another 350 or something, and it feels pointless to buy, when all I need is to be able to print a book fold to a PDF file.

I've also tried creating the file on my mac, and then opening it again on my husbands pc to print it as a book fold. The images are pixally and unprofessional looking. And because I am using illustrator CS6, the images I create cannot open on his computer because he is using CS3.

So I'm downloading a trial of indesign, but I'm praying there is a better, easier, and cheaper way. Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
See if the following question and reply are of any help: LINK Note - this is taken from the Apple discussions forum and refers to an older version of Mac Office Word, however, it should also work the same for Mac Office 2011.

(The booklet catalog template is located toward the end of the Project Gallery templates.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.