Basic Question by a new to MAC / old guy

Reaction score
Hello I really wish to learn & use my Mac. But I'm really not good with a comp.yet.
My question I bought a little SanDisk ( MP 3 ? ) player to listen to Music while I cut my grass with my diesel tractor. So a little enjoyment with a bit of hearing protection I thought. Well it came with a disc to up load the info for the player. EXCEPT it's only 3 inches in Dia. where a regular disc is 4 5/8 inches. So I did try to put it in my I Mac hoping there was some little guy in there that would postion it right. But either he was asleep or i need to do something different.
Can some one please tell me what I have to do?
Thanks in advance. Woodie
if you'd rather reply in private you can email me at [email protected]

I didn't get Apple care because i bought from Best Buy and then only told me about their only geek... And by the time I found out about Apple care it was too late and they won't sell to me now bought comp. about 1.5 years now. ( i know slow learner - older male = must not read directions or tutorials until to late...)
Not complaining just trying to tell why I'm not calling Apple care.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I didn't get Apple care because i bought from Best Buy and then only told me about their only geek... And by the time I found out about Apple care it was too late and they won't sell to me now bought comp. about 1.5 years now. ( i know slow learner - older male = must not read directions or tutorials until to late...)
Not complaining just trying to tell why I'm not calling Apple care.

I don't have an answer for you regarding your MP3 player...but regarding the Applecare...you do HAVE Applecare. What you didn't purchase was EXTENDED Applecare.

EVERY new computer automatically comes with 12 months of Applecare (regardless of where it's purchased)...and that includes 90 days of free phone support. So if you're computer is less than 90 days old (less than 90 days since you bought it new)...then you can call Apple for free.

Now whether this 90 days of free phone support covers non-Apple hardware issues (such as your MP3 player)...that's a different story. The free phone support may only cover Apple hardware issues or Mac OS issues.

HTH,

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is the small CD stuck in the slot or did you get it out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See signature
I don't have an answer for you regarding your MP3 player...but regarding the Applecare...you do HAVE Applecare. What you didn't purchase was EXTENDED Applecare.

He bought the computer a year and a half ago, his Apple warranty (the first 12 months are not AppleCare) expired 6 months ago.

As for the OPs question, mini CDs a d slot loading optical drives don't mix! Try shutting the computer down and rebooting holding the mouse button down. If it doesn't eject the disk, take your computer to your local AASP.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
He bought the computer a year and a half ago, his Apple warranty (the first 12 months are not AppleCare) expired 6 months ago.

Thanks for mentioning that...I missed that detail amongst all the other info.:)

- Nick

C

chas_m

That will probably not work (the hold the mouse button down trick). It works GREAT for regular-sized discs, but ...

Here's what to do if I'm right and it doesn't work:

1. Get a towel. You're going to need it.

2. Set the Mac on the towel on the edge of a table in such a way that the disk drive is OVERHANGING the table (ie the iMac is on its side with the optical slot drive facing down.

3. Being sure to HOLD the iMac so that nothing causes it to tip or lose balance, start up the iMac (yes, while it's on its side!) holding the mouse button down (which causes a force-eject).

This SHOULD cause the mini-disc to "fall out," or at least be ejected far enough to where you can GENTLY (GENTLY!!) pull it out.

If that doesn't work, you don't want to know what's involved. Just let us know if it didn't work and we'll advise from there.

Lastly: Get rid of that Sansa crap and buy an iPod. All you need is the cheapest little one (the iPod Shuffle).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.