Is there a home screen button on safari

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and also a new Mac user. I have a 15 inch Macbook Pro (2.0 ghz quad core i7).

On the PC there is a house shaped button that takes you to your home page, is there the same feature for safari? Every time I close safari and reopen it, it takes me to the page that I was on (and not my home screen).

I am trying to get rid of google instant. Sorry if this question has already been asked.

Tom

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
For the home button, right click the toolbar > Customize Toolbar... > drag the home button to wherever you'd like it.

For the home page, make sure the homepage choice is set for "New windows open with" along with your choice of homepage for the "Homepage" value below.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
For the home button, right click the toolbar > Customize Toolbar... > drag the home button to wherever you'd like it.

For the home page, make sure the homepage choice is set for "New windows open with" along with your choice of homepage for the "Homepage" value below.

....and to access these go to Safari > Preferences > General

- Lanz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
....and to access these go to Safari > Preferences > General

- Lanz

Follow the steps suggested above to get your Home icon and home page. Also you might try a neat keyboard short cut too. Cmd+shift+H to go to your home page. Try Cmd+T for a new tab then Cmd+shift+H to go to your preset home page.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you all very much for the responses! I now have the home button on my tool bar.
I am learning a lot on this forum, I appreciate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.