My Bad - My D800 Had No Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
The Camera World store where I bought my camera just called. It was the manager that worked with me on the issue calling to say my replacement had arrived. He also informed me that he took the camera out to make sure it didn't have the same problem. It did! He was cussing up a storm when one of his young sales staff walked up, saw what he was doing and announced he wasn't formatting the cards correctly. It seems Nikon decided to move the "OK" button from the directional selector to its own location on the bottom left of the rear of the camera. Both the manager & I own D7000s and were pressing the wrong button. I don't know which of us were more embarrassed. The young salesman owns a D700 that also has its own "OK" button so he spotted what we were doing wrong.

I'm glad it all worked out and the manager & I both learned something today. I'll just continue enjoying my new D800 and they'll no problem selling a brand new D800. :)

Reaction score
Let me say, Bob, that's mighty big of you to publicly admit that. Many would just go on knowing none would be the wiser. I like a guy with a strong personal ethic!
mathews_cool.gif
mathews_thumbsup.gif

OP
bobmielke
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
Let me say, Bob, that's mighty big of you to publicly admit that. Many would just go on knowing none would be the wiser. I like a guy with a strong personal ethic!
mathews_cool.gif
mathews_thumbsup.gif

Believe it or not these posts are on the internet, able to be searched out and used to solve problems. I know because I searched for this issue before returning to that camera store. I needed to set the record straight for the next guy/gal with a similar issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.