Which mini DVI port do I have?

Reaction score
I have an older MacBook, SN 4H6305KUU9C, Model MacBook 1,1, Intel Core Duo, 2 GHz. I can't find any pics or info that matches my mini DVI port. Am looking for an adapter to HDMI. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a pic:

My MacBook Ports.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
fifth jack from right is where you insert the mini port adapter, with hdmi cable both male ends one to this jack, then the other to tv hdmi port,
there should be audio cable both male ends one to speaker jack on mac, the other to tv audio in jack, should get you in business.
Pre 2010 macbook always need audio cable to get audio from tv.

OP
C
Reaction score
Mini DVI port

The problem I am having is that my Mini DVI port is NOT a standard one. Check out the pic. Is there an adapter for this beast?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
try to contact apple, best buy, monoprice or google white macbook adapter see if any hit.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The problem I am having is that my Mini DVI port is NOT a standard one. Check out the pic. Is there an adapter for this beast?

It is a standard Mini DVI port. As suggested above, go to Monoprice and buy the correct adapter. Apple also sold the adapter at one time - I know because I bought one for my 2008 MacBook when I first purchased it.

C

chas_m

Here's what a mini-DVI port looks like:

mini-dvi-port-and-plug.jpg

(doesn't ANYONE on the web know how to take a macro shot? :) )

Here's what a mini-VGA port looks like:

wikipedia-commons-2-2b-mini-vga.jpg

Yours is a STANDARD mini-DVI port.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.