Audio on windows 7 64 bit Macbook Air.

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've had a look through the posts relating to audio on windows and I don't think my issue matches any of them.

Ok so my problem is this, I installed a legit version of win7 pro 64 bit on my i7 macbook air. I've done it a few times before on different computers with no problems. I created the usb with the bootcamp 4.0 drivers in osx 10.7.

Everything was going great for about 2 weeks. Then one day out of no where the audio stops. I think it may have been when I plugged the laptop into my work cinema display and the audio routes through the screen, but not sure.

Now I am left with no audio in windows.

I generally pretty good at fixing windows but this has got me stumped. I have uninstalled the drivers and tried installing realteck drivers, tried the same with cirrus audio drivers, then I tried to uninstall bootcamp drivers and re install those!!

From here unless anyone can suggest anything I will have to reinstall which I really don't want to do. I have everything set up just right and it took ages.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.