Screen turns black

Reaction score
Hi! I'm just new here please bear with my noob questions.

I currently installed windows via bootcamp on my macbook pro and it's perfectly fine. All drivers installed and stuff. Problem is every time I boot on windows and unplug the magsafe from my macbook the screen turns black for a split second then returns back to normal. This only happens on windows not on lion. Is this a magsafe issue or driver issue?

*Macbook pro is just 5 days old from the box. It's all fine but this roblem of mine is making me nuts. :Lips-Are-Sealed:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's probably normal. The power saver features used by Windows are not near as robust as those of OS X. Also, the split second black out may be the video adjusting not necessarily the power switching.

As a rule of thumb, I would not remove the MagSafe Adapter (either in OS X or Windows) while the machine is on AC. Shut down first, remove the MagSafe and then turn it on in battery mode. Of course if you have a power failure, that can't be helped.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.