macbook pro speed

Reaction score
If I buy a 15"MacBook macbook pro and upgrade to 8 ram and a 750 7200 hd without upgrading the processor, will the computer run faster?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It will run better

But what is your obsession with speed, what do you need extra speed for?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If I buy a 15"MacBook macbook pro and upgrade to 8 ram and a 750 7200 hd without upgrading the processor, will the computer run faster?

If you're thinking of gaming, note that the graphics processor is most important for gaming. Also note that you can not upgrade the graphics processor or the CPU. Buy the best performing MBP that you can afford.

You can always add more memory and change out the hard drive after you buy.

OP
M
Reaction score
Can I upgrade the graphics processor when I configure the computer? I don't see an option for that when I buy online. Or is the one it comes with ok for gaming? Is there a big difference between the 2.2 and 2.4 CPU?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Can I upgrade the graphics processor when I configure the computer? I don't see an option for that when I buy online. Or is the one it comes with ok for gaming? Is there a big difference between the 2.2 and 2.4 CPU?

To be honest, for gaming I wouldn't recommend a notebook in general. This is exactly where desktops rule.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.