Send Registration shortcut on Macintosh HD/Users/Username/ not working

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a new MacBook Pro owner :D. When I click on the Send Registration link the following message appears:

The alias “Send Registration” can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found.

followed by the following options:

DELETE ALIAS
FIX ALIAS...
OK

Can someone tell me how I can get this "alias" working again?

Thanks in advance!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The registration wizard pops up when you first turn on your new MBP, however, if you purchased the machine from an Apple store in Australia it will be registered automatically. The reason the alias is not working is because it can't find the original registration wizard.

You can always register your new MBP by going to this LINK.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt assistance! It's my first Mac and first time using a support forum and it's been a great experience so far!

Thanks for the link. Is there a way though of fixing aliases such as the Send Registration one?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There are two ways to fix an alias. The first way requires you to find out what it was pointing to and to make sure the file is located in that spot. In other words, if an alias points to /Madeup Folder/file.dmg and that file isn't there, you'd need to find "file.dmg" and place it in /Madeup Folder. The second way is much simpler. Find the file that it should point to and when you find it, right click the alias and select "Get Info." Click the "Select New Original..." button and in the file dialog, select the file you want it to point to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.