• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

University Project - Feedback Wanted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey Guys,

As part of my 2nd year work at Lincoln University (UK) I have had to create a website in flash. The brief was labelled "Designing For The User", and as part of the project I need to get some feedback on the site. I would be most grateful if you could have a look and tell me what you think (preferably constructive criticism lol, but if you think its pants then you are free to say so! lol)

Here's my site, although not 100% finished (I'm still tweaking it here and there)

So if you would be as kind...

http://www.newmedia.lincoln.ac.uk/cwarcousins/the_box/index.htm

(Once on the site you want to be mainly looking at the LOST section as that’s what has the content in)

--The marking of the site is not content based; it’s based on the usability, interaction, user feedback, originality etc... This is why some areas are lacking content at the moment--

Regards,

Chris. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
It looks nice but the navigation isn't very clear. I got to the lost section and its like "What now?" then I figured out to click the menu button on the remote.

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Benjamindaines said:
It looks nice but the navigation isn't very clear. I got to the lost section and its like "What now?" then I figured out to click the menu button on the remote.

Thanks for the feedback, I have added a "help hint" to make it a little clearer.

Regards,

Chris. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yea i didnt really know what buttons were clickable on the remote, and i had the same problem as benjamindaines with not knowing where to go. maybe have it go straight to the menu screen, like a DVD would do after a small intro...

i like the idea though!

but i dont like that law & order is not one of the shows you selected ;)....j/k
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
looks great!!! i think its a very innovative way to travel through a website

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.