Question about iPad2 and iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.
Hi Guys and Guyesses.
This is probably the wrong place to ask about this but I can't find a better place and besides, if anybody knows the answer it will be you.

My problem is that I can't view my e-books on my iPad even though I can see them in iTunes from my Mac Mini.
OK, If I open iTunes on my Mac Mini I see a screen and on the left is a column called "Library". Underneath the title is a long list of stuff such as Movies, Books, etc. If I click on "Books", I can then add my ePub ebooks to the library and they show up in the book section.
So now I take out the iPad for a quick read before bed-time and open iTunes on the iPad, but THIS iTunes is different. This one just shows me categories of the things that I can buy from the iTunes store.
OK, I accept that I'm a dufus but is there a way that I can read my eBooks on my iPad?

Cheers,
Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You need to 'sync' those books to your iPad.

Connect your iPad to iTunes by cable or make sure it's on the same wireless network if you have it set to sync over wifi.

Now click on the iPad in the left bar beneath your library. On the right panel in iTunes you'll see a summary screen featuring your iPad. Click on the Books tab along the top of that panel.

You should now see a tick box to enable syncing of books to your iPad and a list of all your e-books. You can select the option to sync all or just tick the ones you want.

Once done click Sync (bottom right) and the e-books will be copied to your iPad.

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.
You are a star, Mr Plow.
Ta very much for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.