• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Various Tidbits

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Source: MacRumors"

Various tidbits:

Motorola posts further details about the MPC7457. The 7457 was previously discussed and will be introduced at 1.3GHz with 512k of L2 cache and up to 2MB of L3 cache.

An Apple iChat update is in the works and the next revision will introduce Video Conferencing capabilities. An Apple Video Conferencing application was first hinted at by Steve Jobs himself in April 2002 during a shareholder meeting. Microphone and Camera icons were subsequently found in iChat's resource files, further hinting at future functionality.

An Apple software update will be appearing on March 3rd... but details are scarce. The most likely candidate appears to be Java 1.4.1 Final which is rumored to be released on that same day, but hints at iMovie 3.0.2 have also emerged.

Keynote 1.0.1 was released today via Software Update, providing international support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
hmm... I guess its all good.

im guessin iChat would have video only over rendezvous, not that it matters to me because I dont own a good webcam and I don't suppose ill buy one either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
either way, itd be nice to see that they are working on improving iChat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, theres alot of features they need to change and add. APPLE SCRIPT!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Originally posted by Graphite@Feb 28 2003, 02:44 PM
Yea, theres alot of features they need to change and add. APPLE SCRIPT!
ya that would be nice too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am really eager to get FSBot: Lichen over to iChat..

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I really like iChat even with its limited capabilities right now. I use it instead of AIM because I like the integration with Address Book. I'd like to see them add MSN Messenger support as well, but doubt that would happen anytime soon :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ah jeeze i hope they dont add MSN support... I never liked MSN, that + none of my friends use it, and now that ya mention it... M$N doesnt appeal to me :)

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Originally posted by Graphite@Mar 1 2003, 09:11 PM
ah jeeze i hope they dont add MSN support... I never liked MSN, that + none of my friends use it, and now that ya mention it... M$N doesnt appeal to me :)
See that's my problem, is I have alot of friends who do use MSN Messenger instead of AOL and unfortunately the MSN client for Mac is a buggy little thing. But I've heard they're upgrading it when they release MSN 8.0 for Mac OSX which is coming soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ide settle with proteus or fire. I have one or two friends who used MSN, I use to be a ICQ user. But, the majority of my friends used AIM, so we call converted from MSN and ICQ to AIM.

I guess in your case you'de probly wana convert your friends to MSN. I guess you can't say M$ is M$, because on a Mac M$ has to have some good to it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.