increasing font size--formatting thrown off--single words on some lines

Reaction score
1. I open new document.
2. I paste in a number of paragraphs at let's say 14 point font size.
3. Then I increase font size to let's say 20 point.
4. I end up with many lines having only 1,2, or 4 words on them and then have to do the tedious task of going line by line to either move the few words up to join the previous line OR to move what's below the few words so that it joins (and completes) the line with a few words.
5. EXAMPLE:
Line 1 copied: the bird was flying along
Line 2 copied: and then joined the other birds.
Line 1 after paste in: the bird was flying along
Line 2 after paste in: and then
Line 3 after paste in: joined the other birds. (note that the line was broken up and NOT COMPENSATED FOR).
(I then have to put the cursor before "joined" and back it up to the "and then" line).

I hope I made this clear. WHAT I WANT is to learn of a way of pasting in or increase font size and NOT lose have extra words on lines that I then have to manually move around.

Reaction score
Well, copy and paste doesn't work this way. A carriage return is a character, the same as an A or a 1 and thus is copied and pasted along with everything else. So if your source material is littered with line breaks, you're going to have to remove them yourself.

OR

You can paste your original material into an online tool like this: Remove Line Breaks Online Tool and then copy the "fixed" output back into your word processor.

Good luck,

Z

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
That was clear in every respect except one: What application are you using? It could make a difference in where the thing you need is located. (what menu, etc.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.