folders for video on ipad

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would love to create some folders in the video app on my ipad but it seems that i can only put vids on a single base directory.

anyway to create a folders?

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Short answer I'm afraid. No

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
it would be nice to setup vids in folders like a playlist

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You could always use an app like FileBrowser. That lets you create folders etc then choose an app to open the files that they contain.

So you could create your folders. Drag content in from iTunes and you File Browser as a kind of launcher.

Never felt the need to organise into folders myself but that should do it.

OP
mav5125
Reaction score
You could always use an app like FileBrowser. That lets you create folders etc then choose an app to open the files that they contain.

So you could create your folders. Drag content in from iTunes and you File Browser as a kind of launcher.

Never felt the need to organise into folders myself but that should do it.

umm thanks will have a look at that.

i've got 40 videos in my ipad and to scroll and find the one i want always takes ages. Since there is only a single view - thumbnail view. I don't suppose i can change it to a 'list' view. Tried it but i didn't find anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
There is a hack to kinda create folders. Personally, I dont use it, as I dont keep that many videos on my ipad.

Go into iTunes on your computer and in the Get Info dialog for the videos, make them TV Shows and make the Show Name either as whatever foldername it is, or as a Genre.

Then, when you sync and open up Videos on the iPad, it will show up under the TV shows heading, rather than Movies.

Or, just scroll through.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.