step number three

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15, 2.2ghz, 4G ram 10.9
Ok, I finally got my stuff together and ordered my first mbp (I got the 15). I also picked up an external hd for time machine but I have a few question. What I am planning so far - my system should be here by Friday:

Step one - get the computer and connect to my network
Step two - download Pages, Numbers and Keynote

Step three - ???

I am planning on setting up time machine later in the evening as I go to bed so hopefully it will be all done early the next day. I know that almost anything can be recovered from but I was wondering what should be the next couple of things I need to deal with on the new system? There is a host of information and experience here and I was hoping to avoid some of the common pitfalls - if any.

I have been a windows user for years and have some computer experience. I am quite familiar with many of the issues related to the windows environment so I was hoping for some pointers here.

If there are no major issues to deal with and things to avoid then so much the better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Start using it. Figure out what you really need from there. Really :)

C

chas_m

I agree with Dysfunction. Step three is to really explore the Mac, find out what's already there before you go spending a bunch more money on stuff. In particular, set up Address Book (you should be able to import from most kinds of exported records from your PC) and play around with iTunes. Once you understand how those two programs work, you will be well on your way to being comfortable with any Mac program.

My essay linked below may be of interest to you as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

Quote by Smalltowntech
I have been a windows user for years and have some computer experience. I am quite familiar with many of the issues related to the windows environment so I was hoping for some pointers here.

1) Personally one thing I would say is do not load any Antivirus software, it is not needed, and many here will say the same. As of Snow Leopard your Mac has hidden protection called XProtect.
Obviously if yo do bootcamp your Mac then the windows portion would need an AV.

2) Keep your Mac fully updated.

3) Explore and enjoy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.