m-audio hardware help

R

razekworkz

im new to the mac music creation scene but since i got my powerbook and started playing around with garage band i got addicted. i recently got an m-audio ozone and triggerfinger, live 4,enigma for the triggerfinger,and the keyboard driver software for the ozone came with them. the problem is that i cant get no sound. i installed the respective software for each instrument but i just cant get them to make noise. trigger finger is not in mute mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
If it's set up by MIDI you have to go into GB's settings and switch to the MIDI input. Also check to see if the MIDI inputs are detected and your In and Out aren't switched. I had those mixed up the first time I plugged my Keyboard in.

OP
R

razekworkz

it is hooked by usb, with the cable they provided me with but i dont know why is not making any sound waves. is it that is not converting midi signals into audio to be hear through the monitors or what could it be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Is everything plugged in?
Try a reboot, also.

OP
R

razekworkz

everything is plugged in. the triggerfinger is bus powered so usb is the only thing u should plugg. im really confused

OP
T

TheRover

Check the system preferences

You need to go into system preferences.....check the sound input/output options and see what the sources are. I use a MobilePre USP input thingy and you have to tell the computer that the sound is going to be coming through the MobilePre.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
For the trigger finger in Live (if that is what you are talking about) you have to go into the settings and under the MIDI section, turn on the remote function for the trigger finger. Then depending on what you want to use it for, there are different built in settings for it. I use Live exclusively to produce/dj/peform, if you have more questions check out the ableton live forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.