Is there a way to configure the trackpad on win7 (bootcamp) so it is not sluggish?

Reaction score
I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on an NTFS partition on a Macbook Pro.
I can see the bootcamp control panel in the taskbar down at the bottom, but the trackpad configuration options are kinda skimpy.
What gives me the most grief is the 'click and drag' function. it takes a sec to recognize the double click, and as soon as i raise my finger off of the pad it immediately (and i mean immediately, i want to restore that tiny window of time that you can replace you finger on the pad) releases it from the 'click and drag' function and i have to grab it again. So i always have to have it set to 'drag-lock'.

it's not really an urgent problem or anything but it's just really annoying and makes a usually simple task very tedious.

thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Did you run the Apple Software Update (within Windows) to ensure you have the latest drivers installed.

OP
Hatsune Miku
Reaction score
well i can't think of anything else to do and i didnt have much more luck on google so i'll give that a shot.

---but does everyone else's trackpad really function as if they were using their mac partition? cuz i had this problem before when i was using xp so i just figured that's how it was...

EDIT: the software update only showed 'Safari 5' and some 'icloud' control panel thing.... i guess i just really wanna know if everyone experiences the same little quirk so i can just let it rest then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.