• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Reached My GOAL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I have been working on my weightloss goal for a very long time and today I finally reached it and wanted to share it with my MAC Friends.. I lost 230lbs today I am 184lbs. FEELS SO GOOD!

me.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
CONGRATULATIONS on a tremendous amount of weight loss. Very AWESOME!!!:)

Can you say how you did it (diet, exercise, both)?

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
And a very big (no pun intended) congratulations from me as well.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CONGRATULATIONS on a tremendous amount of weight loss. Very AWESOME!!!:)

Can you say how you did it (diet, exercise, both)?

- Nick

Well I started doing cardio 4 days a week it was kind of hard at beggining but gets super easy. You have to eat 5 small meals a day including protein in everyone. Made sure I ate minimal Carbs no Bread, Rice Pasta or High Fatty Food.
To keep my sanity I tried to have a slice of pizza or a 1/2 buger once a week.
Here are the basic Rules I followed
1. Never eat past 7pm
2. Drink atleast 7-8 G;asses of water Daily (add crystal light makes it easier)
3. No bad carbs Rice, breads Pasta white flour etc.
4. Cheat once a week nothing crazy
5. have Decaf Coffee at home if you get hungry late night have a cup of Hot Decaf with almond milk TRUST ME HELPS
6. Cardio 30 min a day 3-4 days a week
7. eat 5 small meals a day (Include protein in each meal) You need metabolism flowing
8. Dont Skip Meals & DONT make a sald a meal just makes you hungrier
9. Weigh Yourself every month... Measure yourself the scale will discourage you
10. Take a Multi Viatamin VERY IMPORTANT

Those are the rules I followed and they work I went from size 5xl to now Large shirt and pants from 58 to 32

BELEIVE IN YOURSELF DONT DO FAD DIETS ITS VERY SIMPLE FOLLOW THE WAY I DID IT YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY IN THE LONG RUN... Remember its not a race its a Lifestyle!
GOOD LUCK

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Those are the rules I followed and they work I went from size 5xl to now Large shirt and pants from 58 to 32

Sounds like that plan worked for you!!!:):)

GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the "Good Luck"...hopefully I won't need it. I've been a runner/marathon runner for the past 35 years (but I have had some "heavy" times).

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Congrats "Slim"! Glad the hard work paid off.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I lost 230lbs today I am 184lbs.
I read that as "I lost 230lbs today. I am 184lbs" and though "wow, surely he is a machine of sorts."

Congrats on the loss. From what I've been told, discipline and self-restraint are the hardest parts.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I read that as "I lost 230lbs today. I am 184lbs" and though "wow, surely he is a machine of sorts."

It does read that way (I thought the same thing when I first read it)!;)

But I (99.9%) knew what was meant.:)

- Nick

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

- Nick

Unless that's really his heavier twin brother and he did him in today . . . ;)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Awesome! Great job.

I lost 110 LBS at one point in my life around 11 years ago. First month for me was the hardest then it got easier as time went on.

Congrats!!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

- Nick
I have a tendency to read quickly - sometimes my eyes move faster than the ol' brain. ;)

Unless that's really his heavier twin brother and he did him in today . . . ;)
A conspiracy eh? Haha.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No Twin brother or photoshop used lol

a comma after 230 would of helped lol

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Congrats dude. That's a remarkable display of willpower there. BTW just out of curiosity how long did it take.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats dude. That's a remarkable display of willpower there. BTW just out of curiosity how long did it take.

little under 2 years... first 100 was fast 2nd got tougher

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
WOW amazing. You look great! Not to mention how much healthier you must feel and be. I'm envious. >_<" Trying to drop some pounds myself and my body doesn't want to let it go. >_<" Gaining pounds actually but they are muscle pounds. Want to get rid of the fat pounds. :p

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
CR, what worked for me is 3 meals a day at pretty exact times, no Fast food, all fish and turkey for meat and lots of Vegetables. Also very little pasta of any kind. NO SNACKS at all. No Sodas at all. Once my weight went down a bit I was able to exercise a lot also which helped.

I went from 255 to 150. Am 5' 8". 150 for me is right and I felt like a young kid. Can walk for 10 miles each way full speed and hardly get tired. Before the diet one block and I was ready to give up! :D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The #1 thing folks trying to reduce daily calories should 100% avoid...is calorie containing beverages!

If folks wanted only to cut one thing out of their daily diets...high calorie beverages is the thing (sodas, juices, energy drinks, kool-aid, alcohol & beer, etc.). There are even studies that say drinking low-cal or zero-cal beverages is not really helpful either.

Substitute water for all of these beverages...and folks would be surprised how many calories can be saved in a day.

Me...I'm almost addicted to kool-aid, soda, cakes, and cookies. But I balance out those calories consumed with working out 7 days a week.

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The #1 thing folks trying to reduce daily calories should 100% avoid...is calorie containing beverages!

If folks wanted only to cut one thing out of their daily diets...high calorie beverages is the thing (sodas, juices, energy drinks, kool-aid, alcohol & beer, etc.). There are even studies that say drinking low-cal or zero-cal beverages is not really helpful either.

Substitute water for all of these beverages...and folks would be surprised how many calories can be saved in a day.

Me...I'm almost addicted to kool-aid, soda, cakes, and cookies. But I balance out those calories consumed with working out 7 days a week.

- Nick

Agreed 100% on the drinks. That really helped but with me I had to be very careful with food also. I mostly drink water and some flavored water. Nothing else except for the occasional Diet Sierra Mist with dinner at a Restaurant. Otherwise no sodas. I never did alcohol at all so that was not an issue for me. For my Inner Ear issue I had to cut Sodium almost completely out of my diet as well as all caffeine. Feel 100% better after all that.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
CR, what worked for me is 3 meals a day at pretty exact times, no Fast food, all fish and turkey for meat and lots of Vegetables. Also very little pasta of any kind. NO SNACKS at all. No Sodas at all. Once my weight went down a bit I was able to exercise a lot also which helped.

I went from 255 to 150. Am 5' 8". 150 for me is right and I felt like a young kid. Can walk for 10 miles each way full speed and hardly get tired. Before the diet one block and I was ready to give up! :D

I'm slightly taller than you. I'm 5'8.5" or 9" now. My last weight in last month was 156lbs. I was 150 the month before that. I started doing weight training twice a day and cardio 4 days a week and one rest day.

I haven't been eating healthy though. Been eating mostly del taco. >_<"

I don't drink soda or Beer. Just milk, water, green tea and occassion lemonade.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I only drink

Almond Milk
SOBE Water zero cal
Viatamin ZERO water
Plain Water
Crystal Light
Decaf Coffee

Diet coke and all those diet drinks will hurt you more than help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.