• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's next iPhone coming in September, 7" iPad launching in August - report

Reaction score
Apple's next iPhone coming in September, 7" iPad launching in August - report

Pegatron has reportedly landed orders for Apple's next-generation iPhone, rumored to launch in September, while Foxconn will allegedly manufacture a new 7-inch iPad arriving in August.
mf.gif

a2t.img

Read more

Reaction score
I have a Blackberry Playbook and have had it since they went for sale for $200, and I don't really think it is that great of an idea for Apple to follow the others. A 7" tablet is the largest you can go to carry something easily because it can fit in cargo pants pockets or in a jacket. However, other than that, I enjoy a 10" tablet better, especially for reading.

Reaction score
I for one don't believe we'll see a 7" iPad anytime soon. I also don't believe they'll launch another new iPad this year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- MB Pro 15" Retina - MacBook Air 13" 240GB OWC - iPad 3 16GB 4g Verizon - iPhone 4S
I think a 7" would be amazing. My wife loves her Kindle due to the size, but she is VERY limited, occasionally she want's to play games (words/scramble) and she has to us my ipad or her iPhone. To read for more than an hour with an iPad is not fun at times she will read for a couple hours (nerd), it is heavy compared to her Kindle. This will be a Fire Killer without question!! I for one am looking forward to the 7" for my wife.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
What are they going to price these at? This is just another rumor that is completely not thought out. Current iPad sells for $400, iPod Touch sells for $200. Do these rumor starters really think Apple will sell a 7in iPad for $300, just $100 more than an iPod Touch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
What are they going to price these at? This is just another rumor that is completely not thought out. Current iPad sells for $400, iPod Touch sells for $200. Do these rumor starters really think Apple will sell a 7in iPad for $300, just $100 more than an iPod Touch?

Yes, precisely. The competitor's tables are priced around $250, and those can be used as a phone, as well as utilize external storage and more. Just sayin'.

Doug

C

chas_m

I really would not put a lot of stock in these rumours. Please remember that a lot of these things turn out to be made-up stories hoping to manipulate the price of the stock.

If Apple was getting CLOBBERED in sales by the popularity of seven-inch tablets, they would do something about that. Only one problem: that isn't happening.

More common sense, less blind belief in every rumour that comes down the hill please ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.