Jumping cursor on Macs?

Reaction score
I have always been a PC person, but my school district uses Mac products in our elementary schools (I am retiring from first grade in June!) In the last couple of yeears, my computers have been afflicted by Jumping Cursor. I can'e cut even type a password, much less a document without the ctursor jumping to another place (if thi message is messed up, blame it on the cursor!) My question: are Macs afflicted with this problem? Microsoft made some changes in 2007/2009 that caused the problem but won't put out an easy fix. I'm embarrassed to say it, but a while back, after a particularly horrendous day at school, I got so frustrated, I threw my laptop at the wall.:[ Needless to say, I need a new laptop, or probably an iMac, laptops are way out of my price range. Thanks for any information you can give!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

I don't believe there is a large issue of jumping cursors on Windows machines machines and an iMac doesn't necessarily solve that one problem.

Most laptops have the trackpad that sits right below the spacebar and if you type on your laptop keyboard, it's very easy to touch the trackpad with your palm and cause the cursor to move..

If you have a cursor that is moving with you touching the laptop at all, that's a different story..

This is one of the main reason I use the pointing stick on the laptops as opposed to the trackpad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.