Attaching photos to email

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
I was trying to send a few pictures in an email, I am using outlook 2011 for mac. when I clicked on the attach option, a menu popped up with Iphoto I was only able to select the whole photo library not individual photos. when I tried to expand iphoto I was unable to, does anybody have any suggestions? is there something I can do to correct this so I am able to select individual photos?

C

chas_m

Two solutions to this problem (actually three):

1. Outlook ('11) has a Media Browser that can read iPhoto's library. Use that, locate the photo you want and just drag it in.

2. Open iPhoto FIRST, select the photos you want, and drag them onto the Outlook icon in your dock.

3. Use iPhoto itself ('11) to send photos, not Outlook. The ability to email photos is built right into iPhoto, and will be seen as coming from your default email address.

OP
Goavs18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Two solutions to this problem (actually three):

1. Outlook ('11) has a Media Browser that can read iPhoto's library. Use that, locate the photo you want and just drag it in.

2. Open iPhoto FIRST, select the photos you want, and drag them onto the Outlook icon in your dock.

3. Use iPhoto itself ('11) to send photos, not Outlook. The ability to email photos is built right into iPhoto, and will be seen as coming from your default email address.

Thanks for the reply and the info, I will try these.

OP
Goavs18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I tried to attach pics to an email, this is what I did and it worked great.

I opened Iphoto selected all the pics I wanted to send then at the bottom right corner of Iphoto was a Share button, clicked on that and another window popped up asking what size, I select one and hit attach and outlook opened with new mail window and all of the pics where there all I had to do was enter the email address and away they went.

Thanks for all your help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.