Office 2011 for Mac

Reaction score
I am having problems opening attachments in outlook for 2011. Using a Macbook Pro, can anyone help ?

C

chas_m

What sort of attachments?

Actually, never mind, let me guess. It will be one or more of the following types of attachments:

1. PPS (powerpoint) slideshows
2. WMV or AVI videos
3. Excel spreadsheets

Solution to (1) is to get a copy of Keynote ($20 from the Mac App Store) or Microsoft Office ($100+) or LibreOffice (free).

Solution to (2) is to download and install the free Flip4Mac WMV Player and Perian add-ons.

Solution to (3) is to buy Numbers ($20, Mac App Store) or Excel (part of MS office) or LibreOffice (free)

(for "LibreOffice" you can also substitute NeoOffice and OpenOffice, they are essentially the same thing -- a free open-source knockoff of MS Office)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
LOL @ Chas ;-)

i often had trouble with office for me - i definitely prefer pages/keynotes/numbers - all very cheap available on the mac store

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Yes, I have all of the suggested software install except libreoffice. Sometimes all the files you mentioned gives trouble opening. But the gif once just dont open at all. Over you.

OP
M
Reaction score
Also, when sending emails I get an unknown error and although the mail was sent a copy is left in the outbox. Sometimes recipients complain that they are receiving my mails twice.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Solution to (1) is to get a copy of Keynote ($20 from the Mac App Store) or Microsoft Office ($100+) or LibreOffice (free).

OP already has MS Office 2011 if he's using Outlook 2011. No need to spend money on another application.

Also, when sending emails I get an unknown error and although the mail was sent a copy is left in the outbox. Sometimes recipients complain that they are receiving my mails twice.

This may be a problem with Outlook 2011 or it could be with your ISP. Personally, my opinion is that Outlook 2011 is not up to standard with Windows Outlook 2010 which is why I refuse to use it. Mac Mail works well and is what I use.

C

chas_m

Animated GIFs don't play in most Mac apps because they are ANNOYING AS ... well, quite annoying, let's just leave it at that.

You can generally drag an animated GIF to Safari or another browser and it will play.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.