Appleworks switcher blues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" G4 iBook 512k, 60gb, 4 widgets.
I'm used to using MS Office, and I'm about to shelll out the bread to get it for the Mac.

Why?

Because I'm trying to use the Appleworks spreadsheet, and I find it not nearly as intuitive.

I might be missing it, but I'm trying to throw in a PMT function.

Here's my gripe:

I've entered the right numbers into the function, but it doesn't display the answer. This might be user error- I'll take help here, please!

The part I don't like is that there isn't a "recently used functions" option, so I have to select the business and financials again- but that's nitpicking.

Back to the help- I'll take it (it'll save me a coupla buxx!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook - 15" (last ppc), iMac 20" w/ intel, iPod 5G
XPADREX said:
I'm used to using MS Office, and I'm about to shelll out the bread to get it for the Mac.

Why?

Because I'm trying to use the Appleworks spreadsheet, and I find it not nearly as intuitive.

I might be missing it, but I'm trying to throw in a PMT function.

Here's my gripe:

I've entered the right numbers into the function, but it doesn't display the answer. This might be user error- I'll take help here, please!

The part I don't like is that there isn't a "recently used functions" option, so I have to select the business and financials again- but that's nitpicking.

Back to the help- I'll take it (it'll save me a coupla buxx!)

If you're looking for MS Office for mac, I've got it and never use it, and would be willing to sell it to you for $40. It comes with registration, of course. Let me know if you're interested.

OP
XPADREX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" G4 iBook 512k, 60gb, 4 widgets.
I just saw this- I might certainly be. I'll get back to you. :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i found that MS Office for Mac is certainly worth it after using other alternatives. they werent bad, but they werent office either. if you are used to it and know it in and out then i would advise you to get it for Mac. you might even like it better on the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
You can download iworks and office 04 on Limewire.... if you want to do it that way, or buy office 05 for mac at Apple resellers. ie: Compusa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.