IPhoto - quick removal of duplicates

Reaction score
Is there a quick way of getting iPhoto to remove automatically duplicate photos? For some reason on one series of untitled photos, I have three copies of each photo! Life's too short to remove them one by one. Help please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
I have the same issue with dupe photos, is there a way to stop them from importing once they are there?When I recieve photos in an email I copy them to my MBP, then through photo steam they get copied to my Ipad and once I plug my Ipad in to my MBP they copy again creating dupes. very frustrating is this due to the way the Icloud is setup?

C

chas_m

You can selectively turn Photo Stream on and off on devices as you like.

For example: I have my Photo Stream set so that any photo I take with my iPhone automatically goes to my iPad and MacBook Pro. But the iPad's photos don't automatically go anywhere. And on my MacBook Pro, I have iPhoto set so that only the pictures I *manually* add to the Photo Stream "album" go in there (and thus out to the other devices).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.