My 1st Genuis bar experience

Reaction score
I'm posting this review of my store visit for the benefit of those who may be new to the Apple experience . People who might hesistate about going to the store in person because they've had negative experiences in other stores dealing with staff people who treated you rudely or as if you were stupid because you don't understand how things work.

Yes, I've visited the Apple store before but tend to do most of my business online. I received an iPad 3 as a gift & after using it for a couple days decided that I needed to get AppleCare + for it. I was delighted to see that I could book an appointment online to bring the iPad in for inspection & to get it registered.

Upon arrival to the Boston store we were greeted cheerfully & given directions to the Genuis bar, since we were early hubby & I spent some time playing with the iMac & iPhone. The staff was delightful and chatted animatedly with me about the upcoming refreshes and features they'd like to see on the new Macbook's. I played with Siri & the staff asked her several questions that generated really amusing answers. Nobody made fun of my android phone & one young man actually asked me if the larger screen size of my phone was the reason I preferred it over iPhone. Lol, my husband shocked me by saying that he likes the iPhone 4s because it's smaller ( guess what he's getting for his birthday?)

Upstairs we went for my appointment, the young man helping me handled my iPad as if it was a precious slab of gold, praised my selection of case and quickly registered my device for AppleCare. He also took the time to ask me if I knew about the wide variety of workshops offered by the store to help me get the most out of my devices. There was a class happening at that moment for iMovie and I stood nearby listening for a bit as several people were being given useful information.

The store was huge, beautifully and simply laid out, there were a lot of staff people present but at no time were we pressured or annoyed & we were encouraged to touch & explore devices to our heart's content. I was impressed with the place! So, if you are curious about Apple devices, don't be nervous, go to the store if you can, play with the devices, ask questions. If you already own Apple devices, check out the workshops being offered, they are free, be good to yourself & get every benefit from your purchase.

Oh & all the staff were using iPads to ring up orders & check people out, no standing in a long cash register line!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
They are great stores, and the staff don't hassle you to buy stuff

And the classes are something no other store offers

OP
G
Reaction score
They are great stores, and the staff don't hassle you to buy stuff

And the classes are something no other store offers

My husband & I have been in many a store that sells tech devices (nothing beats a hand's on experience) and have frequently winced watching sale's people talk down to customers or give them misinformation. I was very favorably impressed with the staff & feel going into the physical store was a good use of our time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 21.5" i5 iMac 2.7ghz 4gb ram 1tb HDD
I was well impressed with every aspect of my experiences with Apple staff. After the horrors of PC World, it was like stepping out of the depths of Hades into the Promised land.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm posting this review of my store visit for the benefit of those who may be new to the Apple experience .

Glad to hear that you had such a positive experience!!!:)

Many folks posting on the internet about experiences they have had...are usually all fired-up about a negative experience they encountered...and so the posting is just a big RANT about how someone, something, or some company just STINKS, STINKS, STINKS...and they'll NEVER buy from them again.

Folks with positive experiences are usually just happy:)...and go on their merry way!:):)

We do know that negative experiences can and do happen...it's just that positive experiences FAR FAR exceed the negative ones (especially with Apple). So thanks for taking the time to write about your positive experience.:)

- Nick

OP
G
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you had such a positive experience!!!:)

Many folks posting on the internet about experiences they have had...are usually all fired-up about a negative experience they encountered...and so the posting is just a big RANT about how someone, something, or some company just STINKS, STINKS, STINKS...and they'll NEVER buy from them again.

Folks with positive experiences are usually just happy:)...and go on their merry way!:):)

We do know that negative experiences can and do happen...it's just that positive experiences FAR FAR exceed the negative ones (especially with Apple). So thanks for taking the time to write about your positive experience.:)

- Nick

Hi Nick,

I know I was nervous getting my 1st Mac & just want others who are new to Apple products know that going to the physical store is a pleasure. It truly isn't like going to other chain stores that sell electronics. Totally a no shame, no pressure experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've never been disappointed by the service in an Apple store. They always make you feel welcome and take care of you in a way that you would expect from Apple, yet wouldn't expect from a big corporation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.