Eject DVD

Reaction score
Hi,
I am using an iMac mid 2011 and a DVD is stuck and won't eject.I have tried shutting down and variously trying holding down mouse,eject button on keyboard and typing drutil tray eject in terminal with no joy.Have tried very gently slipping another disc in but stopped when I couldn't feel the one already in there.Can anyone offer any solutions please ?Thank you.have also tried disc utility but no disc recognised

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi Irishman,

Quote by Irishman
I have tried shutting down and variously trying holding down mouse,eject button on keyboard
Try this shut the Mac down, then holding down the left click on your mouse, press the power button while still holding the mouse. This should eject the disk after a few seconds when your computer starts up.
Quote by Irishman
typing drutil tray eject in terminal
In terminal at the prompt enter or paste the following: /usr/bin/drutil eject.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thank you oldscribe but no I have tried that with no joy.chas_m,no it's a standard DVD.Am still trying everything suggested on net and no joy so far

OP
I
Reaction score
Sorted.Thanks everybody.I turned it off for a few minutes and left it and when I restarted ,disc popped.Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi Irishman,

Pleased all is OK now.
Quote from chas_m
Would the stuck DVD be a non-standard size by any chance?
I once absentmindedly put a Blue Ray disk in my Mac OUF. :Oops:Old grey cells just are not what they used to be.:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.