Another Switcher

B

Brolly

Hi all, first post on the board from a new mac switcher
had PC's since 386's back in the win3.11 days, over the past few years i've seen the pc industries ever changing upgrades/headaches/configurations etc...
I work for a major pc retailer in the UK and have seen all the problems, RMA's and so on.

Always looked in on macs but was worried about the switch, i'd seen the imac g5 and it looks stunning to say the least, at bit of cash had come my way and a new apple store opened nearby, got up one day went out and bought the iMac G5 20" widescreen

why didn't i do this sooner!!!!!

for years i'd battled to get a stable machine with stable software, i've got it all here in one unit which is a stunning design piece, my desk feels naked though without big base units and all the other crap thats goes with pc's :)

i do sports photography for a UK football (soccer) team and the mac has made my job so much easier, photoshop is rapid on this compared to my pc

got an extra 512mb for it and also got the applecare, overall i'm a happy man but regret not doing this sooner.
enough ramblings, thought i'd say hi and share my story

p.s, haven't switched the pc on in 2 days, not missing it yet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Glad to hear of your switch. BTW: What football team do you photograph?

OP
B

Brolly

Fc United of Manchester, real fans fed up with overpirced premiership football, the whole glazer takeover pushed enough people to form a new club, back to grass roots football in non league, 3000 fans every game for a league whose average gate is 37 people

http://www.fcumgallery.co.uk/daisyhill/ stuff i've done, taken at a recent game

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Welcome, glad to see another smart human that knows whats right!
*cries* Hehe, Welcome to the board!

OP
L

lil

Excellent photos there!

And welcome to the fold! I am busy writing a book for switchers; the Mac just seems to really lend itself to creative applications but overall it is such a joy to use; and a lot of fun!

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.