Connecting to a Nas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17inch Machbook Pro
Hi to you all,

I would like to know how I can get my Macbook Pro (latest OS), to see my DNS-323 Nas with 2x1tb drives in it. I used to use it with my PC, I know its IP Address and have recently upgraded to a larger unit. I have now formatted the DNS-323, it now has two empty 1tb drives. For some reason the Mac will not allow me to go to it?

If I can see if I can then format it with the Mac and hopefully use it with Time Machine or the equivalent.

kind regards to you all.

Steve

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I have the same set up (as do some others on this forum) but it has been a while since I set it up, so a bit hard to remember.

Can you login as Admin using your password?
That should give you access to settings. As, I remember, I went to the D-Link site and got some additional help on initial set up. If I can find that info, I'll post back with it.

EDIT: I use iNet on my iPhone and iPad (handy utility). Assuming you have something similar, does the DNS-323 show up when you do a Network scan?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17inch Machbook Pro
Hi Razormac, thanks very much for taking up your valuable time to help me :eek:)

Yes I can see the ip address of the Nas, I can even log into it with Safari...But I would the Mac itself to see the drive within the OS, and I haven't got a clue how to do this...

any further help would be great..ta Steve

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
It has been quite a while, but what I think I remember is you login through Safari as Admin. Use the tools to set up a user (you) on the NAS. Then, it should show up in the Finder sidebar for you to connect, if not under the Go menu item, select Go to Server.

Again, I will try to find the info I had (fighting a sinus infection right now so not really with it). ;P

EDIT: found this, but still looking
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=1190.0

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17inch Machbook Pro
Okay, I have now managed to connect to it through Finder, so there is now a 'Volume_1' on my desktop. Of which I can now use Carbon Copy Cloner, but I would like to use it with 'Time Capsule'.

Regards Steve

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.