Aperture 4? & vs. Lightroom

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am about to buy Aperture 3 but it seems that there might be an update or even upgrade to version "4".
Does anybody have some information about this?

Can anybody explain if one is better than the other:
Aperture vs Lightroom

?

Thanks in advanve!!!
KA

C

chas_m

Well I think it's safe to say that there will be an Aperture 4 ... someday ...

As for "better" than the other, it seems to me that's a bit of a "Ford v Chevy" question when it comes to those two programs. My *perception* based on limited experience is that Lightroom generally has the edge most of the time, but then Aperture catches up, then Lightroom moves ahead and the cycle repeats.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
It's all on personally preference. I prefer Lightroom over Aperture. I know Lightroom has a demo, not sure if Aperture still does since it went to the App Store.

OP
Liedschatten
Reaction score
There was a trial version but they took it away from their site:(.

Anyway...thanks guys for your answers!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Getting Aperture via Mac app store is pretty much a steal. It comes down to personal preference. I went with Aperture and have loved it ever since.

Now, if you have Photoshop, the integration is better with Lightroom (kinda obvious) but you can set your external editor in Aperture to anything as well and it really does work well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.