Please help me

Reaction score
I have MacBook Pro. When I try to use command+A it does not work????
I read that command + A can be used to highlight every item in a document or window, or all characters in a text field. Please help me

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Which application are you talking about?

This list says that command+a...

Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts

...equals "Select all items in the front Finder window (or desktop if no window is open)"

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
When I press command key with A key in the word documents it does not work. This is my problem

Reaction score
Problem Using utotterent on my mac

Hey there good morning everyone I have this problem I just downloaded a free utorrent on may mac but I can't use it. Can someone please help me how to use torrent on mac. I've been using torrent on my pc too but it really works fine but how come I can't use it on my mac I want to download movies and other important stuffs on torrent but sadly it's not working My macbook pro is 4 months old and I haven't downloaded any stuffs because seems torrent not working on me. Can someone please help. Thank you. May we all have a good day

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your reply.
When I press command key with A key in the word documents it does not work. This is my problem

Your not pressing the "shift" key are you?

Because you keep saying "command with A"...instead of "command with a"...there is a difference.;)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks a gain for your reply. I am not asking about Shift key.

I'm not talking about the "Shift" key either! I'm talking about the fact that you keep using a capital "A" rather than a small "a" when talking about the shortcut.

By using the capital "A" in this discussion...you're semi-implying that this is what you're doing when using the shortcut.

Since internet forums are basically a text-based medium...what you type & how you type is VERY important. So the difference between "A" and "a" are VERY important when talking about a keyboard shortcut!

- Nick

OP
K
Reaction score
You are absolutely right. I did not use shift with command and a. I just pres on command and a. The same problem happens with command and s . I know that command and s make save but this does not work with me. Thanks for your help.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are absolutely right. I did not use shift with command and a. I just pres on command and a. The same problem happens with command and s . I know that command and s make save but this does not work with me. Thanks for your help.

Good deal! I just wanted to be sure you weren't using a capital "A" rather than a small "a".:)

Just so we know...which version of Microsoft Word are you using...and are we talking about Word for the Macintosh...or Windows?

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey there good morning everyone I have this problem I just downloaded a free utorrent on may mac but I can't use it. Can someone please help me how to use torrent on mac. I've been using torrent on my pc too but it really works fine but how come I can't use it on my mac I want to download movies and other important stuffs on torrent but sadly it's not working My macbook pro is 4 months old and I haven't downloaded any stuffs because seems torrent not working on me. Can someone please help. Thank you. May we all have a good day

You do realize that this thread has nothing to do with uTorrent???:(

- Nick

C

chas_m

Not to ask the dumbest question anyone here has ever heard, but: you are holding down the command key WHILE pressing a, right?

OP
K
Reaction score
Not to ask the dumbest question anyone here has ever heard, but: you are holding down the command key WHILE pressing a, right?

It is a problem I have faced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your kindness

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is a problem I have faced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your kindness

What sort of keyboard are you using...is it a keyboard designed to be used with a Macintosh computer?

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Problem Using utotterent on my mac

You do realize that this thread has nothing to do with uTorrent???:(

- Nick

Sir I am sorry I know that I just posted on a wrong forum but I'm just new here I don't know how to create a forum about my problem with torrent:[:[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Sir I am sorry I know that I just posted on a wrong forum but I'm just new here I don't know how to create a forum about my problem with torrent:[:[

Try the big red "New Thread" button at the top of the list of topics. (Thread=Topic, Forum=Web Site)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.