Apple are you telling me fibs????

Reaction score
Hi All

I planned on buying a Mac Mini with 1gb as I had been able to get my hands on a new apple cinema screen, the latest silver cased version very cheaply. Then I contacted Apple to be told there was a delay on my order and that they could not confirm Xmas shipping of my mini. I did order this some 10 days ago but never mind.......

I sat and thought about it so i thought sod it i'll not get the screen and instead grab myself a Imac only to then be told by the abrasive irish fella on the Apple order line that he can't do me any upgrades on them either, we cannot get the memory chips for them, then he told me not to get it on 6 months interest free as i will loose my place in the queue and finally told me that unless i gave him my visa details there and then i would not be getting an Imac this side of Chrimbo. I felt quite threanted by this guy and he even made a comment about my financial position and why did i need credit- i mean what a cheek!

Now i guess this was an isolated case as in the past few times i have contacted Apple they were great but this guy really put me off. In the end i decided to go and get an Imac from a local Apple reseller with 12 months interest free and they even threw in a 1gb upgrade as i had explained to them what happened.

I mean it is one thing to honest but this guy was ****ed pushy.....oh well from a mini mac to imac in 1 easy phone call!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Thats pretty bad, have you thought about sending an email to complain about the operator? Might not do anything for you but he might get a telling about it?

I guess the main thing is that you got your mac before xmas exactly as you wanted it!?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would not send an e-mail. I would call back and request a supervisor. If you have his name, then report him. Mostly you are not the only one, he has done this to. I believe you would get a faster response to resolving the problem with a phone call, instead of an e-mail.

T

Tel

I'd also report him for that, from the phone calls I've made to Apple its clear to me that thats not the way they usually act. I've had nothing but good experience with Apple hotlines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Tel said:
I'd also report him for that, from the phone calls I've made to Apple its clear to me that thats not the way they usually act. I've had nothing but good experience with Apple hotlines.

Yeah... Call for sure. Thier people have always been great to work with from my experience... There's no reason for this guy to get away with ticking off valuable customers.

OP
S
Reaction score
It was a shocker and i was made to feel terrible, but there seems not point complaining in this case as I made the deicision not to buy from then so it really is their loss. In complete contrast the local vendor based outside of London was fantastic.

Having dealt with them a few times I am know it was an isolated case but there is no need for pushy sales staff. I think if you start pushing most people they walk away.

Oh well less than week till Apple live day and I have to say i am still very excited!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.