Hidden folder

Reaction score
ok so hope this isn't a stupid question, but how do i unhide a folder, i copied my iPod music from my iPod to the mac, but now the folder labeled music, is hidden, i found a way to unhide all the folders on the mac, but i don't want that i just want to unhide one specific folder, is there a way to do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
if the folder has a period at the beginning of the name it will be hidden, taking out the period should make it appear as normal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
ok so hope this isn't a stupid question, but how do i unhide a folder, i copied my iPod music from my iPod to the mac, but now the folder labeled music, is hidden, i found a way to unhide all the folders on the mac, but i don't want that i just want to unhide one specific folder, is there a way to do that?

To Hide, Do this in TERMINAL

chflags hidden <path to directory>

To Reveal, Do this in TERMINAL

chflags nohidden <path to directory>

To access terminal, go to UTILITIES then TERMINAL.
To know the <path to directory> of a particular file/folder, open terminal then drag and drop the file inside the terminal window. The <path to directory> will reveal.

Hope this helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.