HElP new mac user

K

kazikie

I just got an older PowerPC (Power Mac 5260/100) and I had a cuple questions about it.

1. Can you move a program from one mac to another without the instalation disk?

2. My mac has tha program called FoolProof Security one it and it locked down alot of the funtcions of the computer. It there a way to disable it? I have tried starting the computer with the extencions off but it still starts with the extintions on?

Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I don't know anything about System 7, so I can't answer question number 2, but as to your first, you could try putting the app into a .dmg file, and then e-mail the disk image to yourself. You could also try the floppy drive, assuming both computers have them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
for number 2 I've never heard of this program but see if its in control panels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
System 7 doesn't support .dmg's but you can just send the app any way you would normally send one on windows or mac os x.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This URL might help on Foolproof Security.

http://www.securemac.com/foolproof.php

Another

http://www.foolproofsoftware.com/

I have never seen or used it myself on my older Macs. Hopefully those sites might help you.

On your first question, Macs are a lot easier to move programs on due to most Mac programs really don't need to be installed. So usually you can drag them to another Drive and they will work. What programs you interested in moving from Mac to Mac? What OS is on each Mac?

OP
K

kazikie

johninc said:
for number 2 I've never heard of this program but see if its in control panels.

It is in the control panels but to access it I have to have the password. I was just wondering if anyone new of a master Password that was built into the program. It is a school add on security program. My brother is tring to see of the school network admin. will give me the password.

OP
K

kazikie

dtravis7 said:
This URL might help on Foolproof Security.

http://www.securemac.com/foolproof.php

Another

http://www.foolproofsoftware.com/

I have never seen or used it myself on my older Macs. Hopefully those sites might help you.

On your first question, Macs are a lot easier to move programs on due to most Mac programs really don't need to be installed. So usually you can drag them to another Drive and they will work. What programs you interested in moving from Mac to Mac? What OS is on each Mac?

Thanks for the webpages on Foolproof. I am looking at them as we speak.

manily I am looking to redo the system (format the harddisk and reintall mac os) It has mac os 7.? and i am planning on putting mac os 8.0 or 9.0 on it. The program I would like to move is called Passport Encore. It is a music notation program. I used it alot at school and i love it now. I use it to write songs. but anyway.

You don't really install programs!!! than how do you put them into the system and get them running. I downloaded some programs with my pc and would like to get them working as well.

I must say so far I am liking the reliability and ease of use that mac has to offer, and it doesn't crash like windows does. I am really thinking about using a mac as my main computer and putting my windows xp machine as a file server and such. ( I love my pc's case and put alot into modding it, so i don't whant to just get rid of it )

thanks for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.