Windows Software

Reaction score
I have a logitech security camera and it's software is windows only. What is the best way to have windows and osx on my MBP and install and run this software?

C

chas_m

What did Logitech have to say when you contacted them and asked about Mac software for your specific model of camera?

OP
Z
Reaction score
It's not available.

I guess I'm asking for a simplified guide for installing windows via bootcmap and running it on a 13" MBP Intel Core 2 Duo w/ Nvidia chip

Reaction score
We use Zoneminder, but it is only Linux based. There is Evocam that supports RTSP which as far as I know all of the Logitech cameras support. I'm not saying it will work, but it is worth a look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go to Utilities > Bootcamp Assistant, open n and print the guidelines and read. Continue by downloading drivers and burn to a CD and follow the guidelines. Logitech seem to make Mac OS X drivers for most cameras. You have not supplied the model, perhaps it appears on the link:-

Webcams

OP
Z
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion but it's NOT webcam it's a surveillance camera Logitech Alert The archiving and set up software is windows only.
I'm hoping this bootcamp & windows thing will be easy are there any hangups I should be aware of?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Macintosh support for Alert Camera Systems
"The Alert Camera System software, Alert Commander is only supported on Windows PCs. The software installation is not supported on Macintosh computers or other operating systems. You can view cameras remotely over the internet only AFTER the system has been set up using a Windows PC and cameras have been associated with the Web Viewer or Web Commander account being used to view them."

which means you can either setup bootcamp or use parallels or some virtualization software (I don't know but even wine might work for this). So it sounds as if you had set up an account using a windows computer, you would be able to log into your account and view it by way of any browser?

OP
Z
Reaction score
Yes, I have read that performance is terrible on parallels. Which is why I am looking for more information about installing Windows onto my Mac via Bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
You should try the trial of it. I use parallels and I find it is much better than xp on my windows machine. Personally your best bet is to not always take others opinion as everyone has thier different expectations and uses. Sometimes thier issues had more to do with the software they were using. Sometimes it has to do with the version and I have found that Parallels has improved a lot since I started using it in Version 3 (I use version 6 now but I think I'm behind a version or 2) VM fusion is another option which many use or the free virtual box. Wine you don't have to have windows and there are a number of other virtualizing softwares that you don't need to have windows.

Good Luck

Reaction score
we have 12 cctv cameras , not sure of the system but i know my brother runs them with parallels and has no problems, we use geo vision app on our phones and ipads to watch cameras too

Reaction score
sounds like a royal PITA

apart from natural question like 'why on earth did you buy a cam that's meant 2b used with win for your mac?' I can only advise to emulate win on your mac. not sure if it's the most productive way but it's surely the EASIEST (apart from bying a cam that supports all os inclusing mac and downloading surveillance software like xeoma which works ABSOLUTELY great on Mac osx and will substitute the feautures in your super duper cam)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.