mobile me

Reaction score
how can i delete the mobile me drop down box in my iphotos everytime i try to import a photo the mobile me drop down box appears it's a nuisance even though i do not have an account with them :Angry:

C

chas_m

I've had a mobile me account for years and have no idea what you're talking about here. Screenshot?

The only thing I can guess is that iPhoto thinks you are trying to send photos to Mobile Me. Maybe you could explain a little better EXACTLY how you are "importing" photos into iPhoto?

OP
C
Reaction score
I've had a mobile me account for years and have no idea what you're talking about here. Screenshot?

The only thing I can guess is that iPhoto thinks you are trying to send photos to Mobile Me. Maybe you could explain a little better EXACTLY how you are "importing" photos into iPhoto?
I hope i am doing this correctly on the right page Thank you for your reply before
I have a usb stick full of photos that i was importing into a burn folder then into my iphotos so everytime i dragged a photo into my iphotos a small drop down box would appear saying
"MobileMe didn't recognise the stored password for "my name" account and then asks for a password I do not have a mobile me account do you know how i can stop that drop down box from appearing
:D

C

chas_m

Ah. Okay.

You probably signed up for a trial MM account and forgot all about it (and it expired a long time ago). What's happening is that iPhoto is checking your accounts with various uploading services on startup.

If you're using a fairly recent version of iPhoto, you would go to iPhoto's preferences, Accounts, and look at the list of accounts (if any) you have. If you see Mobile Me listed there, click on it once to highlight it, and press the little "minus" key below the list of accounts. You'll be asked to confirm.

In this example I've previously used before, the "Facebook" account is circled, but you get the idea:

iphotofbaccountchanging.jpg

OP
C
Reaction score
Ah. Okay.

You probably signed up for a trial MM account and forgot all about it (and it expired a long time ago). What's happening is that iPhoto is checking your accounts with various uploading services on startup.

If you're using a fairly recent version of iPhoto, you would go to iPhoto's preferences, Accounts, and look at the list of accounts (if any) you have. If you see Mobile Me listed there, click on it once to highlight it, and press the little "minus" key below the list of accounts. You'll be asked to confirm.

In this example I've previously used before, the "Facebook" account is circled, but you get the idea:

iphotofbaccountchanging.jpg
Dear Chas_m, Thank you so very much for your advice i have followed your directions and now MobileMe account has disappeared off my iphotos there are no more drop down boxes I wish i knew that before i had to import my 700+ photos :D;D

OP
C
Reaction score
Dear Chas_m Thank you so very much for your advice i have followed your instructions and now MobileMe account has disappeared off my iphotos there are no more drop down boxes i wish i knew that before i had to import my 700+ photos :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.