Flac on iTunes 10.6.1 (7)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2013 13" MBPro Retina, 3GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB, 768GB Flash
Dear Reader,

The problem I am facing is that I'd much prefer to be able to play flac files natively with iTunes 10.6.1 (7) on my OS X 10.7.3 without having to convert the files (which I tend to do using the software Toast).

I have tried downloading the latest version of Fluke (0.2.5b), stable with Snow Leopard but apparently needs a tweak or so to get it to work with Lion. Rumours have it that running 10.6.1 (7) in 32 bit mode and changing the flac file extensions to .mov will get them playing natively in iTunes.

This is simply not the case with me. The set-up does not work. Any guidance? Is there anything besides Fluke that I can try?

Thanks in advance to all who reply,
J.S.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2013 13" MBPro Retina, 3GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB, 768GB Flash
Quicktime component

Yes I did. Is that the problem?
There wasn't a 'Components' folder in my library, so I created one.

J.S.

C

chas_m

No, no problem, but installing Xiph is key to making Fluke work. I personally just convert FLAC files to AAC or, if I want to keep them lossless, Apple Lossless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.