Force Restart upon Starting

Reaction score
Hi,

I keep getting told that i have to restart my macbook pro every 3 or 4 times I turn it on. I have updated to all the current software updates (i thought that was the problem), and nothing has changed.

Would anyone know why this could be happening or what I could do to stop it?

Thanks in advance =D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
You stated you were advised to restart you laptop every 3 or 4 times. And that '...i thought that was the problem'. '...nothing has changed'. What problem do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
If you mean a message comes up saying you need to Restart, then that's a kernal panic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Kernel panics are usually hardware related. Connected any new hardware or fitted memory lately? Also can be displayed when hard drive is failing. If you go into Console you can see the kernel panic log. Post it here may help. If using Snow Leopard or earlier boot from the system disc and run Repair Disk. If all is well run Apple Hardware Test which is included usually on disc two of the original discs that came with the machine.

If the machine came with Lion installed you can run AHT over the net. Helps if you provide full model and OS details.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1509

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.