have macbook pro which id do i use on new imac

Reaction score
hi everyone, i have a macbook pro and use my "me.com" address to log into icloud, but my apple id is different my old original one, and it works fine

but im getting my new imac tommorow and i'm wondering how do i just get everthing on it is it through my icloud id or and my apple ?

Confused :Confused:

C

chas_m

You can have all the iCloud.com email addresses you want (though I suggest just one per family member), but you should pick and then use ONE and ONLY ONE Apple ID (your iCloud address is also an Apple ID) for purchases.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Newton, if I'm understanding you correctly, you need to set up the new iMac using your me.com address so that all your iCloud information is the same on both your computers.

It's perfectly fine if you have an earlier Apple ID that you use only for purchases. You can edit your iTunes store account with that ID after you have set up your new iMac using the me.com address.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.