• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

ffmpeX

2tone_punk

ffmpegX

As much as i like ffmegx it never recognizes any of the .avi or .mov files i drop in it to be converted the only format i used it for was ripping all my dvds to vob them converting them to .avi, has anyoen else had this problem cause i now want to convert all my avi files to h.264 or mp4 for my ipod, any suggestions or help, the only reasons i can think fo is something with the binaries but i dont really know to much about these things. anyway thanks in advance for any help

Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Have you tried using iSquint for converting them to iPod?

OP

2tone_punk

I did try isquint, i gave it a go but it i got an error when i dropped the avi onto it and i left it for half an hour and it never moved from starting process.

Paul

Edit: I just figured out what the error message i got in isquint was for it came up because i was saving file i wanted converted in the same folder, a feel daft now but the error wasnt clear about what was wrong!!!

thanks anyway

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.