Printer problem with Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Reaction score
I have just installed Snow Leopard and now I can't use the scan capability on my HP Photosmart C4200 All-In-One Printer. Is there a fix for this or do I need to buy a new printer.

If I need to buy a printer, which ones will work with Snow Leopard.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
HI,

Possibly check out the HP web site, download and install new drivers for your HP. Make sure and repair disk permissions after you do this.

Quit any open applications/programs. Launch Disk Utility. (Applications/Utilities) Select MacintoshHD in the panel on the left, select the FirstAid tab. Click: Repair Disk Permissions. When it's finished from the Menu Bar, Quit Disk Utility and restart your Mac. If you see a long list of "messages" in the permissions window, that fine, and can be ignored. As long as you see, "Permissions Repair Complete" when it's finished you're done. Quit Disk Utility and restart your Mac.

Sometimes disconnecting peripherals, shutting down your Mac, restarting your Mac and reconnecting the peripherals can fix a plethora of bugs
.Personally I have found that Epson`s work well with OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
I;m using Snow Leopard and have had problems trying to share my printer (HP Laserjet P1006) with my other computer ,a PC from day one.Good luck. Van

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Suggest updating to OS X.6.8 as there were a number of printer drivers included in upgrades. The best route mat be through the Combo Updater:-

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.