video surveillance software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi there I am looking for video surveillance software that is totally hidden for the user in every way ie does not show on the dock or menu bar or option+Tabing. something that runs in the back ground hidden from what ever user is on the system! I know the iSight camera led will light up but I can cover it!

any ideas would be great thanks.

Reaction score
And you want to clandestinely (and possibly illegally) spy on users because?...

OP
P
Reaction score
first off, this is in my own home to which I should have stated in the first place... I have reason to suspect that my land lord is coming into my apartment with out notifying me. and my computer is in plain sight. I want to be able to set something up where if my computer is accessed in someway that I can record them and them not even know they are are. also I want to be able to have the software running and not have the user know it is!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
first off, this is in my own home to which I should have stated in the first place... I have reason to suspect that my land lord is coming into my apartment with out notifying me.

If this is the case...what about setting up a hidden security or video camera in the appropriate corner of the room/apartment? This way you'll get a wider angle of view...and be able to see if more than the computer is being messed with.

As far as your computer...just password protect it. Then if your landlord does try to access it...they're not going to get past the login screen.:)

- Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
thanks for your reply Nick... I don't have the funds to install a stand alone camera... And I would really like to catch them in the act! so password protecting would defeat this! I guess I'm to assume software like what I am looking for does not exist!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Just leave the iSight camera running, cover the light, and turn your display brightness all the way down so he can't even see what's on the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And this will resolve your problem?

Start looking for new rental premises.

Reaction score
why do people always advise to break everything (e.g. relationship, rental agreement) at once as soon as you have suspicions? Nothing is for sure yet as far as I understand. now, back to the question. if you only need to see if your landlord is doing smth on your pc, you can install like software that tracks down activity on pc, takes snapshots of what's seen on desktop at certain time and so on - also in hidden mode. if you want to have footage that shows that he is trespassing your territory without your consent (to me it's more of a proof) then yes, it must be surveillance software. since I have just written it in another section, I'll tell once more - I recommend xeoma but not because I gain smth from it, which I don't, it's just brand-new and I started using it a couple of days ago and I absolutely happy i've found it. Helps me A LOT. Never used it for snapshot option but it does offer the possibility so feel free to go and check it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I recommend iAlertU. It can be activated when someone touches your computer or when it detects motion. It will take a snapshot of the person in front of the camera and take a screenshot of what they were looking at AND email them immediately to an address of your choice. After that the screen locks up and a flashing alarm sounds if you want it to. This way the camera will only work when there's someone actually in front of it trying to tamper with it and you don't have to leave it on all day. This way you get a photo of the person, a snapshot of what they were looking at and your computer is still safe from prying eyes.

C

chas_m

Actually, if you're going to try to catch your landlord doing something he/she shouldn't, you're going to be spending money on a lawyer anyway ... so the cost of a small monitoring security camera will be easy to justify by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.