Artwork not transferring to iphone in some cases.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 with 12GB RAM and 2TB HDD, 32 GB iPad 2, 32 GB iPhone 4
I'm not sure why but I'm finding that songs are not transferring to my iPhone, from iTunes, with the artwork in tact. I can transfer a whole album and the artwork will go along with it but it's not working for a single track.

I only have about a 100 meg's left on my iPhone HD. could that be the reason or is there something else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
How was the artwork added in iTunes? If it's not embedded in every file that could be what's cousing your issue.

If you identify one track that doesn't look correct on your phone, find it in iTunes on your Mac/PC right-click Get Info and see if the artwork displays

OP
DaGrandMastah
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 with 12GB RAM and 2TB HDD, 32 GB iPad 2, 32 GB iPhone 4
Yeah it was embedded in the file. I dragged the jpg file into the album artwork field. If you go into the file my library and find the file, click get info the picture will bet here but if you click get info on the file on the iPhone the picture won't be there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If its embedded in the file there's no reason for it not to display. It's Definately the same file? No duplicates etc?

OP
DaGrandMastah
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope...but I just tested something out and it came up. I had it checked to convert higher nitrate songs to a lower nitrate....for some reason it won't transfer the artwork over that way. I unchecked it and everything came in fine. Does that even make sense?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've never come across that but I'm glad come across the solution.

Having a bit of a google around this does seem to be a 'popular' bug/undocumented feature in iOS5

OP
DaGrandMastah
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah that's how I figured it out. That sucks bad.

I just tested in a couple more issues. Some downgraded 320 kb files also transferred with no artwork. Sigh. I wonder if they'll fix this or not

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.