A little help and opinion on apple

Reaction score
I came here to ask this because these are the true mac fans and people. I am working on something for school and just need a little help or opinion. I am almost done but can use a little more info.

My question is for you: What is apple's target audience and what is there positioning strategy within the target market? So who does apple target what audience and how do they do that. please help me on this. Just a few opinions would be really great. thanks.

C

chas_m

Apple's target market are people who are fed up with mediocrity and realise must be a better way, and that it would be worth a few (and I do mean a few) extra bucks to lose the hassle. People who finally come to realize that their time is worth something. People who understand that value is more important than price.

That's it.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the response and opinion that one helps! and I do see what your saying here. any more opinions would be great from anybody

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2016 13in 4 Thunderbolt Ports 3.3GHz I7 16 GB Ram
My opinion,

Microsoft PC's were and are primarily designed for business users. Macs are designed for people to use. Businesses can have tech or IT employees, private people seldom do. As an Mac-only-user friend of mine said: 'It's a quality of life issue.'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Not sure about Apple's target market in general but I work within the entertainment industry re lighting and sound, and within the UK industry there are now very few sound or lighting engineers / designers who still use PC`s I would say 99.9% use Macs. (we even do pre show lighting checks with an iPod.)

And personally as a switcher in 2010 for both personal and work usage,( I had been a PC user all my life.) Lost count of the new machines I had to buy plus hardware upgrades over the years, in order to keep working.
2010 was the turning point when I decided no more after a 6 month old £700 laptop started to develop problems, so moved to Apple.
Now I get through the days workload on the Mac effortlessly, no headaches, no wanting to throw it out of the window, it is a joy to use. And in my humble opinion thanks to SJ and Apple`s pricing this is not an expensive compromise at all.

As I said I paid £700 for my last laptop + more for software I needed, my MB was £999 with most of the software already loaded, and I have found what I need in the app store at a greatly cheaper cost than its MS counterpart.

So for me cost never came into the equation, in fact if I do the maths it was cheaper buying the MB than another laptop.

Reasons
Build quality.
Apples Backup service.
User friendliness.
Productivity.

The list is endless.

Reaction score
It seems to me that part of the Apple ethos, if you will, is 'clean simplicity'. Many people tend to think that complicated somehow equates to 'better'. Apple, on the other hand, seems to take the 'power through simplicity' approach in both their design and their marketing. The machines/devices tend to have clean lines and simple interfaces, all the while delivering a platform that typically accomplishes what it sets out to do quite effectively. Corresponding to that, even their packaging is simple and aesthetically pleasing.

It reminds me of the old video parody on what would happen if Microsoft created the marketing for the iPod.
mathews_cry_laughing.gif

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.