switcher learning issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air OS Lion 4Gb Ram
Hello.
Had the mac about 10 days, so I am still getting the feel of it.

Basically I`m still getting all the little bits of software and apps that I need for everyday use that will help me to switch from my desktop pc.

I like my computers to look nice and organised, so when a bit of software looks untidy on the eye, I want to get it more aesthetically pleasing. The problem at the moment though, I seem to be on the phone to applecare every hr or so ;) (over exaggeration).

Now the reason for this post is that i want to uninstall office 2011 for mac and then reinstall it. I used the migrating software and it hasnt been as succesfull as I thought it might be, because Outlook looks untidy now with files all mixed up. I have looked on the t`internet as to how to go about doing this and have had various ways of doing it depending on which OS version you have and which office version you have.
Most advice is to use a third party software to do it all for you....I have downloaded appcleaner to try it. The MS support page is a bit long winded on unistalling office 2011

Will appcleaner do the job ???

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hello.
Had the mac about 10 days, so I am still getting the feel of it.

Basically I`m still getting all the little bits of software and apps that I need for everyday use that will help me to switch from my desktop pc.

I like my computers to look nice and organised, so when a bit of software looks untidy on the eye, I want to get it more aesthetically pleasing. The problem at the moment though, I seem to be on the phone to applecare every hr or so ;) (over exaggeration).

Now the reason for this post is that i want to uninstall office 2011 for mac and then reinstall it. I used the migrating software and it hasnt been as succesfull as I thought it might be, because Outlook looks untidy now with files all mixed up. I have looked on the t`internet as to how to go about doing this and have had various ways of doing it depending on which OS version you have and which office version you have.
Most advice is to use a third party software to do it all for you....I have downloaded appcleaner to try it. The MS support page is a bit long winded on unistalling office 2011

Will appcleaner do the job ???

Unfortunately, if your goal is to make the system as clean as possible, then you'll need to follow Microsoft's advice in this article:

How to completely remove Office for Mac 2011

Uninstalling it with Appcleaner will certainly clean a good portion of the components, but it won't get everything. It might even leave some of the preferences files that have caused your "untidiness" in Outlook.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi, thanks for the reply.

thats the page I was looking at.

Its going to be a long winded job then.

Thanks ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Its going to be a long winded job then.

The difference between the mac way of doing things and the Microsoft way could not be better stated!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Followed the tutorial....worked a treat, but it does show how to do it the long way round.

I keeps sending you back to the start to find a file to delete, when files were already open to be ablle to cut down on the clicks.

in other words ..... it was taking several more clicks at each stage

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.