iTunes Store not downloading

Reaction score
So, I attempted to download a song from iTunes today and I was prompted for security information (WFT!). This was a first, but I went ahead and entered this on my iPad2. Finally, I selected yes to continue the download which was successful. Then I tried to download more music...all of them failed. In the iTunes Store they would go into a waiting state. Eventually a message would come up saying that I lost connection with the iTunes store.

I then tried using a different network (Verizon 3G) through my phone. Same issue.

I then RDPed to my computer at work (100MB Internet connection) and did a speedtest and downloaded a 3GB file in about 4 minutes. I tried to purchase a song and got the same problem.

This sounds like the new changes at Apple are riddled with problems, potentially a software bug, maybe a security breach (hence new questions), but overall the issue is very annoying.

So I checked my account and found that I still have over $1000 available to use, so no issue with funds.

I have read reports of this issue with other users so I know I am not alone...anyone else having problems today?

Thanks,

Rob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Can you access your iTunes account on your computer and purchase the song ?

OP
C
Reaction score
Can you access your iTunes account on your computer and purchase the song ?

Nope...same issue on my Windows 7 PC, MacBook Pro (Lion), and iPad2, and iPhone 4S. I have been on the Apple Community and the issue is nationwide. Apple is not responding...too bad because a simple "We are experiencing network issues." would be sufficient so we know it is not individuals, but systems at Apple.

There may be other issues a stake as well, recent hacking of user accounts, a virus recently exposed, and this prompted security updates that require 3 security questions. All this may be implemented as a quick fix, but it did not go well.

Overall, I just want an update. Now I know how our users at my work felt and that is why we setup a status website for users to get quick and immediate feedback on network and system issues. I wish Apple would do the same.

C

chas_m

The security thing is not new, it is an added layer of security they have implemented.

I've been using the App Store and iTunes Store for the past few days and have not noticed any issues.

Reaction score
So its busy downloading updates to some apps, that works fine..

Will try my dongle now

Still not working with my dongle

Will disable anti virus etc & test one by one

Even with no anti virus / firewall / anything running its still not working

Well it works on my Laptop... So defiantly something with that PC...

If I download apps on my laptop, How can I install them onto the iPad through the PC?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.