Mac Startup disk can't see windows 7 partitition

Reaction score
Good day everyone,
I recently installed Windows 7 Profesional before I had Ultimates. Reinstall went good but yes, it wasn't so good as I excepted.
My situation:
My father locked Windows from me, but I have Mac OS, where I can play safely.

What's wrong to my Mac OS?
My startup disc (preferences -> startup disk) always saw a Windows partitition and Mac OS partititions, until now. At the moment I can only see Mac OS, Windows is like gone. Thats why when I log into Mac OS I can't choose to boot Windows automatically on startup, thats why I can be cought by my father playing on Mac OS.

How I acces Mac OS? I press alt after pressing power buttom.

My question: How can I do something that I could see Windows partitition on my Mac OS?
Or how can I automatically boot Windows without pressing alt on start up, after I was logged into Mac OS?
Or maybe I can do something from Windows, that would help to set windows to boot automatically on start up

I hope you all guys understood me, sorry for language it's not the best.
Thanks all :))

P.S I used refit as I read on this forum but it doesn't helped

I need answer asap please.

OP
J
Reaction score
Im begging someone to answer my question... Anyone please, I need to fix this by weekend

Reaction score
Your post is hard to follow, and I appreciate that English is obviously not your first language.

Do you have administrator privileges on this Mac? If not, that might explain things.

Are you certain that your father did not simply delete the Windows partition? that would also explain things - if you do not see the Windows partition on startup, and it doesn't show up when otherwise checking the disk using Disk Utility, then it has likely been deleted and your drive restored to a single Mac OSX partition. In that case, you would have to reinstall windows unless you made a backup. And even then, you would have to repartition your drive in Boot Camp.

Normally I would suggest using a Virtual Machine to get up and running quickly but since you want to do gaming, Boot Camp would be a better solution.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

OP
J
Reaction score
Your post is hard to follow, and I appreciate that English is obviously not your first language.

Do you have administrator privileges on this Mac? If not, that might explain things.

Are you certain that your father did not simply delete the Windows partition? that would also explain things - if you do not see the Windows partition on startup, and it doesn't show up when otherwise checking the disk using Disk Utility, then it has likely been deleted and your drive restored to a single Mac OSX partition. In that case, you would have to reinstall windows unless you made a backup. And even then, you would have to repartition your drive in Boot Camp.

Normally I would suggest using a Virtual Machine to get up and running quickly but since you want to do gaming, Boot Camp would be a better solution.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Yes english is not my first language. And can you explain more about checking disk using Disk Utility?
And yes I have administrator privileges on Mac.

Reaction score
have you tried holding option on startup?

when you turn on your mac (right when you press the on button) hold the option(alt) key. this will bring up the BIOS boot menu. from here you can seel all bootable partitions on your hard drive. if there is no windows here then that partition has either been deleted or disabled. if it shows up then, boot into windows.

once in windows, you can go to the boot camp utility in control panel and select windows as your main partition.

but if your father locked you out of windows you should probably get his permission before doing this.

let me know if you have questions

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The link and thread you referred to states that the OP had Paragon NTFS installed. Do you have Paragon NTFS installed?

OP
J
Reaction score
The link and thread you referred to states that the OP had Paragon NTFS installed. Do you have Paragon NTFS installed?

Well I guess not.

bootcamp - Why didn't my Windows partition show up in the Startup Disk preference pane? - Apple - Stack Exchange
Here is another solution, should I tried this one:
"I found a solution, if you haven't already. I'm assuming here that you have already uninstalled the NTFS-3G Driver

Browse to /yourhdd/Library/ and search that folder for a file called com.tuxera.NTFS.plist - I found mine in .../Library/Filesystems/NetFSPlugins

Open that file with a property list editor. I used Open with Property List Editor 2.1

Look for a Property, Disable Driver, change it's value to 1, and restart, should be fixed."

As I understood Property list editor 2.1 is app?

Disabling NTFS-3G will delete windows?

This is what I see when I open Disk Utility
portableHDD is my backup disk.
What is that disk0s3? Maybe this disk is problem why I cannot see Windows disk in Startup Disk?

My problem:

In left corner near Mac OS X there should be Windows disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.