aol connection problem

T

tommyshank

i have 2 qustions. first,im having problems getting to websites using aol. i can check mail, and im but when i navigate to a website i get a little star or asterick in the top of the window. ive reinstalled, downloaded a different version and installed that but no solution. 2nd question. i use aol for email, how do i set this as my default mail client?

this forum is awesome, its helped me so much. ive always been a little leary of switching, but it has been one of the best things ive ever done, and this forum has made it a lot easier

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
tommyshank said:
i have 2 qustions. first,im having problems getting to websites using aol. i can check mail, and im but when i navigate to a website i get a little star or asterick in the top of the window. ive reinstalled, downloaded a different version and installed that but no solution. 2nd question. i use aol for email, how do i set this as my default mail client?

this forum is awesome, its helped me so much. ive always been a little leary of switching, but it has been one of the best things ive ever done, and this forum has made it a lot easier

Do you have Dial-Up service? Do you have a verified connection? Once you establish that you no longer have to use the AOL browers to acces websites, you can use any browser. About the email are you saying you want to view your AOL mail outside of the AOL browser?

It's my experience that AOL makes people dumber. Thats not to say you are dumb. Its just that once you've lived in the AOL bubble too long you cant exist without it.
Rant finished.

OP
T

tommyshank

i dont really use aol to browse but the fact that its not working the way it should bothers me. id like to rectify the situation. im on a wireless dsl connection, updates, safari, bit torrent. are all working. aol works exept for browsing. any one have a helpful answer instead of a "rant"?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.