transferring large .dv files

Reaction score
Hi--I'm really new to this and need to find out how to send two large .dv files across country. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
How big are they?

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks! I did that already but the upload and download time is hours on a slow hookup...just found out that the thumb drive I am trying to load it on is not formatted for large files (something about 4 GB single file limit). I'm gonna buy a larger thumb drive and try reformatting it. I think "Extended Journaled" is what it needs to be on my Mac. I'm hoping this is all true!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Standard FAST32 thumb drives have a file limit of 4 gig

Extended Journalled will work if the other user also has a mac

With file sizes of 9 gig and above, unless you have very fast broadband or access to a dedicated line, then the good old post is quicker

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26 8GB RAM 500GBhdd, iPhone 4, and iPad
thats probably the quicker option. I wasnt sure if you were trying to share a file with a family member far away and didnt want to have it on something physical.

OP
C
Reaction score
I appreciate it...I was hoping to not have to send by post but it is what it is speed-wise on both our connections. Again, thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.