How do I back up my WHOLE MacBook hard drive to my external hard drive?

Reaction score
hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help as I'm not very good at things like this! I would like to transfer my whole hard drive on my Mac OS X version 10.4.11 on to my external hard drive. I have transferred files to it already but It seems like a very long process of transferring everything separately so there must be a way to transfer everything at the same time (I am very impatient!)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you! :)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help as I'm not very good at things like this! I would like to transfer my whole hard drive on my Mac OS X version 10.4.11 on to my external hard drive. I have transferred files to it already but It seems like a very long process of transferring everything separately so there must be a way to transfer everything at the same time (I am very impatient!)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you! :)

Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) or Super Duper will allow you to make a copy of your internal HD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) or Super Duper will allow you to make a copy of your internal HD
and boot from it should your internal drive fail.

C

chas_m

Time Machine also makes a full copy (but not bootable) of everything on the hard drive (except, if you have one, a Windows partition).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
Time Machine also makes a full copy (but not bootable) of everything on the hard drive (except, if you have one, a Windows partition).

Hes on 10.4 no TM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Another vote for CCC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.